Yosemite Sierra Summer Camp is located approximately 40 miles northeast of Fresno, California, off Highway 41. We are approximately 15 miles south of the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park. Campers have the following transportation options:
- Driving to and/or from camp
- Charter Bus from Orange County, Pasadena, or Valencia in Southern California
- Flying to the Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) with a shuttle to camp
- Amtrak Train from the San Francisco Bay area to Fresno with shuttle to camp (available if 8 or more campers are traveling)
Driving to/from Camp
We invite parents to drive their children to camp on the first day and/or pick up their child on the last day of the session. First day registration is open from 2:00-4:00 PM. During that time you can meet your child’s counselor and take a tour of camp. Please do not arrive early as our staff will still be preparing for your arrival. Campers should be picked up between 8:30-10:00 AM on the last day of camp.
Our physical address for GPS systems is 39515 Road 274, Bass Lake, CA 93604.
Charter Buses transport campers from Southern California under YSSC staff supervision. This is the most popular way for campers to get to and from camp. The fare for the charter bus is $75 one way or $150 round trip. Buses are comfortable with air-conditioning and bathroom. Seating is reserved on a first come, first served basis.
The Charter Bus ride is 6-7 hours depending on pick up location, including a stop for lunch. Campers should plan to bring lunch money for the ride TO Camp. On the bus ride from camp a lunch will be provided.
- Orange County Bus: Orange County Bus: The bus picks up and drops off campers at The Orange County Great Park, 9650 Marine Way in Irvine. **Note: The Marine Way entrance to the Great Park is closed. Please use the Trabuco entrance, exiting Sand Canyon and turning right on Trabuco Road.
- Sunday Departure: Check-in 8:30 AM. Bus leaves promptly at 9:00 AM
- Friday Return: Approximately 3:00 PM.
- Pasadena Bus: The bus picks up and drops off campers at the L.A. Arboretum, 301 North Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, CA 91007.
- Sunday Departure: Check-in 9:45 AM. Bus leaves promptly at 10:15 AM
- Friday Return: Approximately 1:30 PM
- Valencia Bus: The bus picks up and drops off campers at Hilton Garden Inn off Magic Mountain Parkway, 27710 The Old Road, Valencia, CA 91355.
- Sunday Departure: Check-in 10:00 AM. Bus leaves promptly at 10:30 AM
- Friday Return: Approximately 1:00 PM.
Many campers travel from outside California. Our campers fly into Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), where a uniformed staff member will meet them when they arrive and collect their luggage for transportation to camp. The airport shuttle to camp is approximately 1 hour. The fee for this shuttle service is $20 one-way and $40 round trip. Please plan your flight to arrive between 10 AM and 2 PM on the first day of the session, and to depart between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on the last day of the session.
San Francisco Bay Area Train: Available if 8 or more campers are traveling each way. Our Staff will meet campers at Jack London Square Amtrak Station in Oakland. Camp shuttle will meet campers and their staff chaperones at the Fresno Amtrak Station for an hour drive to YSSC. The fee for a supervised train ride, including shuttle, is $60 one way and $120 round trip.
Train ride with shuttle to camp is approximately 5 hours. Campers should plan to bring lunch money for the ride TO Camp. On the bus ride from camp a lunch will be provided.
- Sunday Departure: Check-in: 9:30 AM. Train leaves at 10:05 AM. (Departure time may vary slightly depending on current Amtrak schedule.)
- Friday Return: Approximately 4:15 PM.
Transportation Safety Guidelines
When transporting campers to/from camp, Yosemite Sierra Summer Camp observes the following guidelines:
- Campers in the care of YSSC staff members are never left unsupervised
- Role is taken after loading and prior to departing from any stop during the trip
- Campers are not allowed to switch between the buses/shuttles at any point during the duration of the trip
- Campers are only released to individuals who have been authorized by the campers’ parents or guardians
- Staff or designated host family remains at the drop-off location until all campers have been picked up